When you're in Mammoth Lakes, treat yourself to an exciting adventure out on Mono Lake. Rent a kayak and explore the beauty that draws thousands of visitors each year. No kayak? No worries - there are plenty of rental places in town.
Your Guide to Kayaking, Paddleboarding & Canoeing Mammoth
Best Places to Kayak, Paddleboard & Canoe in Mammoth
- Mono Lake - Breeze by tufa towers and dip your toes in a mixture of freshwater springs and alkaline water. Mono Lake is an absolute must for water sports enthusiasts.
- Lake Mary - Lake Mary offers incredible views at 8,966 feet, just 2.5 miles south of Mammoth Lakes
- Lake Mamie - Lake Mamie is the smallest lake in the Mammoth Lakes basin, offering a serene and picturesque atmosphere.
- Lake George - As the highest road-accessible lake in the Mammoth Lakes Basin, Lake George is a large lake that is perfect for water sports.
- Horseshoe Lake - Tall peaks, thick pines and sandy shores... Horseshoe Lake is great for a day of water sports and sun bathing.
Where to Rent Kayaks, SUPs & Canoes in Mammoth Lakes
- Caldera Kayaks - Caldera Kayaks offers guided natural history tours of Mono Lake and provides all the gear you’ll need. You’ll follow a guide along the shoreline, through the tufa towers and to the inlet of Rush Creek. No experience is required, but a sense of adventure helps.
- Mono Lake Committee - The Mono Lake Committee offers naturalist tours in canoes.
- Lake Mary Marina - Lake Mary Marina offers kayaks, canoes and SUP rentals for half days or by the hour.
- Footloose Sports - Footloose Sports offers SUP rentals for full or half days.
Plan Your Mammoth Lakes Adventure
Start planning your Mammoth Lakes adventure today! We offer a great selection of vacation condos, and we've got all the details on local events and things to do.